Digital Television Help
What you the viewer/consumer need to know!
- Retune dates are 28/06/2013 Brisbane. October 28 2014 Gold Coast
- In the Brisbane region, most existing antennas have a “Band 1” capability for Channel 2. The Band 1 frequency is very susceptible to electromagnetic interference. Examples of these interference sources are car/mower ignitions, inductive motors, light switches and other electrical interference. As a result, Band 1 TV antennas will pick up this interference and cause problems with STB’s. In addition, older TV antennas are not designed to pick up Channels 11 and 12! (Digital 10 and Digital 2)
- DCTV recommend upgrading your Television Antenna to a Band 3,4 &5 antenna.
- DCTV can conduct an on site Digital TV antenna survey to ensure that your antenna is located in the best spot so as to ensure the best reception.
- In some situations your existing TV Antenna may just need some TLC, which might include a new "F" type balun and compression "F" type connectors.
- For Digitally Clear TV, DCTV recommend upgrading your coax cabling to RG6 Quad shielded. We will need to do an onsite test to see if it is needed!
- DCTV recommend upgrading your TV wall outlets and splitters to the “F” type/ Pal variety.
- DCTV recommend a quality RG6 or RG59 Quad Shielded fly lead between your wall outlet and your STB/TV.
- Ononsitee weak link from the antenna to your STB or TV can be the difference between troublesome reception and Digitally Clear TV!
If your new Digital TV does not work properly and you can hear loud pops or the picture breaks up or maybe the picture suffers from pixelation or you cannot tune in certain channels, then DCTV can help you! PH:1300 00 3288 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org